Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA) Forum Index Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA)
Jerry Revelle in memoriam

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

eBay Swedish pipes for $129 BiN in New York

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA) Forum Index -> Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewVanitas
Senior User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: eBay Swedish pipes for $129 BiN in New York Reply with quote

Ran across this auction, bid starts at 99c and the "Buy it Now" is $129.

Anyone recognise the maker?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Swedish-Bagpipes-MINT-condition-NO-RESERVE-/200657608571?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb8201f7b
texasbagpiper
Senior User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya can't see the auction anymore because it was over. I probably would have bought those at that price for my collection. I'm sure I'll hear from the guy needing reeds. Cheers, Seth
MatthewVanitas
Senior User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm logged-in to eBay, and though it's ended can still see the pics and details. Screenshot:

Hope the buyer was someone on this forum so we can hear more about them.
brynley

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the maker is Kevin Kehrley, I have a set that is nearly identical, plus a g/d chanter, and I thought I got a good deal on my set! They are nicely made pipes.
MatthewVanitas
Senior User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brynley wrote:
I think the maker is Kevin Kehrley, I have a set that is nearly identical, plus a g/d chanter, and I thought I got a good deal on my set! They are nicely made pipes.

Huh, I had never heard of Kehrley, and had in general not heard of any American makers of more than a few sets, other than Bob Thomas, until Seth.

Glancing at Google, I just see a few mentions of Kehrley, someone in the 1990s asking about his pipes, and mention of an SSP made by him. Has he stopped making pipes? Did he make many sackpipa, or just a few one-offs?
brynley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn,t seem to be very active or prolific, I,ve only seen references to a set of smallpipes he made in my searches also. These sets may well be just some one offs, very nicely made however, in the old style, Erickson copies. Whoever got them for $150 got a steal of a deal!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA) Forum Index -> Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: