Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA) Forum Index Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA)
Jerry Revelle in memoriam

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eriksson reed measurements

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA) Forum Index -> Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
texasbagpiper
Senior User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Eriksson reed measurements Reply with quote

A lady sent me a set of Eriksson pipes to reed. Do any of you guys know what dimentions Leif uses in his pipes. Cheers, Seth
Jonathan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Eriksson reed measurements Reply with quote

texasbagpiper wrote:
A lady sent me a set of Eriksson pipes to reed. Do any of you guys know what dimentions Leif uses in his pipes. Cheers, Seth

If it's for a D/G set, here's a sketch I made a while back of an original 1986 Eriksson chanter reed for a friend. This was made from Phragmites australis. I don't know if these dimensions will work in an E/A set or using Arundo donax.

Hope this helps.
Olle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On request, Leif also makes upcut reeds in Arundo donax (and blames me for having to do that Smile), and I'm pretty sure he then follows the instructions on my web site.
texasbagpiper
Senior User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: Eriksson reed measurements Reply with quote

Jonathan wrote:
texasbagpiper wrote:

If it's for a D/G set, here's a sketch I made a while back of an original 1986 Eriksson chanter reed for a friend. This was made from Phragmites australis. I don't know if these dimensions will work in an E/A set or using Arundo donax.

Hope this helps.

It is for an E/A set, but I appreciate the dimentions. I'm stuill haven't made a D/G set yet so those dimentions might come in handy. Thanks, Seth
texasbagpiper
Senior User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olle Gällmo wrote:
On request, Leif also makes upcut reeds in Arundo donax (and blames me for having to do that Smile), and I'm pretty sure he then follows the instructions on my web site.

That works, thanks. I kind of figured the Faust type reed would also work in other pipes as well. I use your reed dimentions in my pipes and they work well. Sometimes I make them a bit longer like 60mm body and 40mm tongue and then add a bridle. Cheers Seth
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA) Forum Index -> Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: