Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA) Forum Index Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA)
Jerry Revelle in memoriam

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reed tuning

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA) Forum Index -> Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roody

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reed tuning Reply with quote

Hi, I found your reference to Norden Folk's Domian, Eriksson dimensions of D / G chanter. I want to ask to what I have to tune reed tone. I did D / G chanter, but I do not know how to make a reed. Thank you.
Anders Jackson
Senior User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To make a reed isn not that simple, but if you find Olle Gällmos web page, you will find a good instruction.

But I guess that you would really get good help from a experienced piper to get it right. It is not easy.
Blue Moon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I very much doubt it, for two reasons: 1. Thure Gudmundsson who plays the pipes on the only recording there was, was not a "traditional" piper but as much of a revivalist as Per was and isolated one, at that. 2. The self-constructed instrument Thure plays did not work well, so I don't think any "playing style" can be extracted from it. In fact, the tunes he plays are almost unrecognizable. Imagine being in Thures situation - trying to reconstruct the instrument (and its reeds) all by himself, and then make a recording for Swedish National Radio on your first prototype ...
anima

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm... did this post go with this thread? did I miss something? Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA) Forum Index -> Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: