Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA) Forum Index Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA)
Jerry Revelle in memoriam

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reed instrument research

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA) Forum Index -> Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baglady

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reed instrument research Reply with quote

Atle Lien Jenssen, a folk musician from Norway, presented a paper on tungehorn which is a reed instrument in 2009. He died in 2011. I'm wondering if he ever published and if anyone could get hold of his research?
Baglady

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Atle Lien Jenssen took the floor. He is in the process of a masters project relating to tungehorn. Tungehorn is an instrument made from the horn of (usually) a goat. It has three to seven finger holes and a reed fixed to the outside of the mouthpiece; the reed can be made of any number of materials from the traditional juniper to metal or even a yogurt lid! Atle's project is especially interesting because his research seems to indicate that this is an instrument that originated in Norway and spread outward, unlike most other instruments in Norway. Possible implications include that tungehorn is an ancestor of the modern clarinet."

And maybe bagpipes.
Baglady

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found A. L. Jenssen's research.

Title: Tungehornet i Norge : historie, utbredelse, repertoar, bruk og praktisk instrumentmaking / Atle Lien Jenssen
Author: Jenssen, Atle Lien 1956-2011
Year : 2010
Printed: Rauland : [A.L. Jenssen]
Pages: 114, 47 s. : ill. ; 1 plate (CD) i lomme
Notes: Mastergradsoppgåve i tradisjonskunst - Høgskolen i Telemark, Institutt for folkekultur

I think I'll have to contact the Telemark Folk Culture Institute and see if I can get a copy some how.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA) Forum Index -> Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: