Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA) Forum Index Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA)
Jerry Revelle in memoriam

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Review on a polypenco sackpipa by Seth Hamon

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA) Forum Index -> Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickstu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Review on a polypenco sackpipa by Seth Hamon Reply with quote

Finally, after possesing this set for nearly a year, i got myself to post a little review on my polypenco sackpipa built by Seth Hamon.
As a disclaimer i'd like to say that i never learned to play the sackpipa properly (I'm planning to visit sweden for a month next year and get in touch with Alban Faust) and have only had the possibility to play a set by Matthis Branschke with also comes with synthetic reeds.

First hings, first, here is a picture:

I really like to play these pipes. I've been playing bagpipes for like 5 years, starting with a Huemmelchen and continuing with a "big german bagpipe" or Marktsackpfeife, I started to play the cornemuse in february of 2012. But the sackpipa really catches me. The general sound with the drone on the same pitch as the chanter is just great. This set by Seth has a nice sound, a bit sharper and louder than the set by Matthias I've played, but still very recognisable as a Sackpipa Wink
It really, really, really likes staying in tune. The instrument is pretty stable (as far as i'm concerned with sackpipas Wink) and all "staccato" notes work really well. No problems with them from high e, etc.
So, as far as i can tell, the sets by Seth are really great, especially for beginners who don't want to pay a lot. The whole making progress only took 2 weeks (exactly the same as delivery to germany) which is also pretty neat.

Finally, if you want to hear and see me playing the set, here is a little video of me playing Zakarias Janssons Polska in the version of Alban Faust:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCKQFDHxJAo
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA) Forum Index -> Norden Sackpipa Association of the Americas (NSAA) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: